Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My Song: People Say

People Say (c) 2003 Ahmed Arsalan
by A. Arsalan
Author's Note:
This song was most probably written some time in February, 2003.

People say that I can't do it
I don't know why they notice
only the things that I know
I have that I don't want to show

People have killer words
I guess they don't realize
How much words can hurt
When they throw their dirt... on me

[PRE-CHORUS begin]
So I say to myself
Alone in my world
Can I really go the distance
Can I keep faith alive
[PRE-CHORUS end]

[CHORUS begin]
I don't wanna be alone
anymore
I don't wanna just survive
on my own

I don't wanna just get by
I don't wanna have to try
I don't understand why
life gets so complicated with time

Why the world goes around
and I am sitting on the fence
Why so many things
just don't make sense
[CHORUS end]

[Repeat PRE-CHORUS]
[Repeat CHORUS]

I have been trying hard
for a very long time
I still don't know
where to find

Don't even know
What I am looking for
Is it some inner peace
Is it something else

Is it love, or is it myself

[Repeat CHORUS til fade]

No comments: