Sunday, December 12, 2004

My Song: My life, your life

My life, your life (c) 2004 Ahmed Arsalan
by A. Arsalan
Author's Note:
This song depicts the feeling of an outsider looking into the life of some one else, some one who is suffering. Are we oblivious to the pain and suffering of people around us? Do we care?

[X start]
My whole life
I've gone on
Gone on strong

Inside my head
I'm never wrong
I am strong
I'm King Kong
[X end]

[CHORUS start]
But how will... I ever see your pain
If I'm so... sheltered from the rain
How will I...live with this shame
When your life... and mine aren't same
[CHORUS end]

[Y start]
You don't know
whom to blame
This game... is lame
Your world... in flames

Your whole life
is full of strife
It's living hell
You're in a cage

And you can't escape
You feel you're doomed
What can you do
You're looking through
[Y end]

[Repeat CHORUS X 2]
[Repeat X]
[Repeat Y]
[Repeat CHORUS]
[Repeat Y]

I close my eyes
'Cause I don't... need you
Yes I said it... there
I don't need you
I don't need you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beneath that face that you’ve always revealed
Is a heart so empty so drain, waiting to be healed.

Wounds hurt, they seem too deep
Grief flows and you begin to weep.

Words you speak broken into sighs,
You look up on the vast horizons, endless skies,

As if to see what you’ve lost,
What you’ve vainly crossed.

~~Fozia~~

Arsalan said...

Hey Fozia
Great words! You continue to amaze me.

Arsalan